NAMPI: Novel Applications for Performance Monitoring of Industrial Processes
The project objective was to develop the prototype of a system that implements improvement and optimization techniques applicable in process industries via real-time production monitoring, controller tuning and the use of inferential sensors. The benefit of such system lies in its capacity of aiding the plant personnel to run optimally the production lines.
The developed product improves significantly the economic performance of factories and,
therefore, has a high potential for industrial application. In order to achieve the project goals, the Consortium that is constituted by Ciengis, SA and the University of Coimbra, had a multidisciplinary team with solid scientific know-how, real industrial expertise and real experience in technology transfer. The two entities have a record of successful cooperation in the domain of research and development.
- Brásio, A. S. R., Romanenko, A., and Fernandes, N. C. P. (2014). Stiction detection and quantification as an application of optimization. In Murgante, B., Misra, S., Rocha, A., Torre, C., Rocha, J., Falcão, M., Taniar, D., Apduhan, B., and Gervasi, O., editors, Computational Science and Its Applications – ICCSA 2014, volume 8580 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 169--179. Springer International Publishing. URL.
- Reis, R. T. F. (2014). Multivariable controller performance monitoring. Master's thesis, Chemical Engineering Department, University of Coimbra, Portugal. URL.
- Brásio, A. S.R., Romanenko, A., and Fernandes, N. C. P. (2014). Modeling, detection and quantification, and compensation of stiction in control loops: The state of the art. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, 53(39): 15020--15040. URL.
- Brásio, A. S., Romanenko, A., and Fernandes, N. C. (2015). Performance monitoring of industrial process control loops. Proceedings of the XVI Convention Of Electrical Engineering, CIE 2015, Villa Clara, (Cuba). URL.
- Brásio, A. S., Romanenko, A., and Fernandes, N. C. (2015). Detection of stiction in level control loops. IFAC-PapersOnLine, 48(8):421 -- 426. 9th IFAC Symposium on Advanced Control of Chemical Processes ADCHEM 2015, Whistler (Canada). URL.
- Brásio, A.~S., Romanenko, A., and Fernandes, N.~C. (2015). Using sequential quadratic programming for system identification. Applied Mathematics & Information Sciences, 9(1):19--26. URL.
- Brásio, A. (2015). Industrial processes monitoring methodologies. PhD thesis. Submitted to the University of Coimbra, Portugal.
- Romanenko, A., Brásio, A. S., Fernandes, N. C., Portugal, A. A., and Santos, L. O. (2015). Método e sistema de análise do desempenho de anéis de controlo industriais pela deteção e caracterização automáticas de oscilações múltiplas. Pedido de Patente PT107168 (A). URL.
- Romanenko, A., Brásio, A. S., Fernandes, N. C., Portugal, A. A., and Santos, L. O. (2014). Monitorização e optimização do desempenho de controladores na presença de falhas nos elementos finais de controlo. Pedido de Patente PT106716 (A). URL.